2021 NVBMB Fall Meeting (online) State of the art Microscopy
The meeting is jointly organised by Cristina Paulino (https://paulinolab.com) and Thom Sharp (https://ccb.lumc.nl/about-the-sharp-lab-90), the 2020 and 2021 winners of the NVBMB prize, which recognises the work of highly talented young independent biochemists and molecular biologists in The Netherlands.
The program will cover state of the art microscopy techniques and applications, including super-resolution, 3D cryoEM and correlative methods. The NVBMB prize winners will give a presentation about their work.
- Cristina Paulino
- Shooting with electrons to unravel the mechanism of membrane transporters
- Thom Sharp
- Combining synthetic and structural biology to understand and control the human immune system
Other confirmed speakers are:
- Kaspar Locher, ETH Zurich (CH)
- Cryo-EM studies of human drug and lipid transporters
- Ben Engel, Helmholtz Pioneer Campus Munich (DE)
- Exploring the molecular architecture of organelles with in situ cryo-electron tomography
- Sander van Kasteren, University of Leiden (NL)
- Chemical Immunology – Imaging and Quantifying Weak Interactions in the Immune System
- Paul Verkade (Bristol, UK)
- How your biological question drives the correlative microscopy approach